Dismiss Notice
We are rebuilding the search index and other forum caches this morning. Search results may not appear correct until indexing has completed, and the forum may respond a little slower than normal until this has finished.

ZYX Omega, tonearm?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by xandcg, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xandcg

xandcg New Member Thread Starter

Dear fellows,

Can you tell me which would be the best tonearm options for ZYX Omega?

Indeed I would like to use something like Clearaudio TT1 or TT2 but they (Clearaudio) said the compliance of that cartridge is too high, I am afraid.

Others options in mind are: Durand Telos/Talea and Tri-Planar.

I don't have the turntable yet but almost certainly will be a Clearaudio one.

Cheers,
    thanku you!

2. FLEMKE

FLEMKE Forum Resident

You could ask Mehran from Sorasound. He is a very nice guy and knows ZYX as well as anyone.
    I would also recommend looking at the analog forum on audiogon. One of the users named Dougdeacon know a lot about ZYX as well.
    Tim

3. xandcg

Thanks, I will take a look on your suggestions.

4. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

Kuzma arms for starters, they used to sell Kuzma branded ZYX carts. I have had two Kuzma arms (Airline & 4Point) with ZYX 4D & Ayame. A great system match.

5. xandcg

@Mondle

I thought about the Kuzma AirLine but I don't have idea if it will match well with a Clearaudio turntable.

@FLEMKE

Reply from SORAsound:

6. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

Yeah I dont know either on the Clearaudio. Email Franc Kuzma and ask, I find him to be pretty communicative

7. FLEMKE

FLEMKE Forum Resident

Good luck. ZYX is excellent. I may buy another one down the road.
    Tim

8. roscoeiii

roscoeiii Forum Resident

I have had great luck with Moerch arms and ZYX. Shouldn't be a surprise since both are sold by Sora Sound, and the Moerch have the swappable armwands of different weights, which permits the use of a wide variety of carts (also easy cart swapping if you buy multiple armwands).

9. audiotom

audiotom Ground Control to Major Tom

The triplanar vii is a great match with the ZYX Universe

That said I am moving up to a much more costly Durmand Talea

10. stei7141

stei7141 New Member

I too went from Triplanar to Talea with the ZYX Universe, based on an in-home A/B comparison in my own system. The difference was "not subtle," and it redefined for me what a tonearm is capable of bringing to the, ahem, table. These days I use the Talea/Universe for mono playback and the Telos/Benz LP-S for stereo playback. Life is good.

11. kdbrink

kdbrink Forum Resident

I had great luck with ZYX Omega on a SME V arm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.