Dismiss Notice
We are rebuilding the search index and other forum caches this morning. Search results may not appear correct until indexing has completed, and the forum may respond a little slower than normal until this has finished.

Zune Mania!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by seg763, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort Staff

Guys,

We need to cool the discussion. Thanks!

Bob-:)

2. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Agree :thumbsdn:

3. boead

boead New Member

4. boead

boead New Member

Sorry then YOU are cool. Were you this cool before you after you bought an iPod? :D
    I'm not being insulting just honest.
    Man, lighten up!

No read the article and then read about what’s already been said by MS execs. The Zune is the first of many NEW Zune branded products that WILL be WiFi connected to the world. Its all ONE BIG project aimed at software and content – connected to the internet wirelessly. Also its likely that the current Zune WILL be WiFi enabled through software updates. Again, we’ll see.

Oh and the comment on the screen quality was from a variety of reviews that there very impressed with the display. When I first saw the iPod video I thought, wow it’s sort of dark and I thought the Nano display was horrible. I’m not alone; apparently people are seeing the Zune screen as being very nice, clear, bright and sharp regardless of its spec.

5. RicP

RicP All Digital. All The Time.

6. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

7. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort Staff

Guys,

I said [repeating] cool the dispute now! Failure to do so will result in sanctions. We expect Gort advisories to be followed. Thank you...

Bob

8. RicP

No, you're being insulting. But it's fine. It only makes you appear to be unable to present your points coherently. Perhaps you should present your views to Microsoft instead; they could use them in their next ad campaign:

Zune: Because you're not a snot-nosed midwestern Apple fan-boy

Kinda catchy, no? :laugh:

The Zune could be a lot of things... however, right now it's simply an inferior product searching for a market. Releasing poorly designed and half-developed products on the promise of future potential is a Microsoft hallmark. They've essentially perfected that model. We'll see indeed. :)

I'm done here. Let's check back after the holidays and see what the sales numbers were. :)

9. Feisal K

Feisal K Forum Resident

10. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Heh. It's like 6 mm longer than an iPod, lighter, people who haven't seen it are complaining about its size. Pretty strange, isn't it? :)

I wonder - if Microsoft had invented the iPod, and Apple had come out with the Zune, what would people be saying? "Oh, look! it's brown! It's better looking... the screen... it's gorgeous! It has wi-fi! Microsoft sucks, apple rocks!" :D

11. jon9091

Where do you see that it's lighter?

Weight iPod=4.8oz Zune=5.6oz

12. vinyldoneright

vinyldoneright "THE" Maestro

Fell free my friend, get rid of your iTunes...http://www.rockbox.org

I was a Rio karma user till last month when it died, felt forced to buy an Ipod, hated the sound but it had a lot of accesories like a line out which was a must. I knew Rockbox would soon come out with an implementation for the Gen 5.5 so I was cool, finally got it running 2 days ago, the Ipod now sounds great and can play flac files. I have no iTunes on any machines.

13. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Hmm. I had read it was lighter. Seems I was wrong.

14. jon9091

I'm just copying that data from someone's else's post in this thread. I'm not sure where they got it from.

15. RicP

I got it directly from Apple and Microsoft respectively.

16. boead

boead New Member

Yeah, well that 0.8oz makes all the world of a difference! I mean that’s about as heavy as a McDonalds sesame bun.

The 80GB iPod is 5.5oz which is STILL lighter (by 0.1oz).

I concede. The Zune sucks. Its BIG, heavy, ugly, works like crap, has horrible features and after all it’s made my Micro$oft which as we all know is an inferior company that makes inferior products. With the iPod being so successful and superior to anything else, why should anyone consider another product besides the iPod. Hell, if you do your just stupid.
    How’s that RicP? Is that good for you?
    Hey, I’ll be at the Beacon tomorrow, want to have a Beer?

17. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

It seems that it is impossible to discuss this subject without it being an endless debate between some folks who can't let it go. So, :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.