Will be picking up a pair of Klipsch RP-600m today!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Phono Groove, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Phono Groove

Phono Groove Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'll be getting a second hand pair of klipsch rp600m's for a decent price, I just want to hear for myself what all the fuss is about. With all the rave reviews and the mixed comments that people have written about them ( some say they are bright and others say that they are not ). I want to hear a pair for myself. Has anyone actually "downgraded" from a more expensive speaker down to the rp600m ?

33na3rd and G B Kuipers like this.
  2. G B Kuipers

G B Kuipers Forum Resident

I have to say I am intrigued by this speaker's reputation. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Btw it seems you have made it impossible to check your equipment list/ profile, so I don't have a clue where you're coming from. What is your frame of reference?

Phono Groove likes this.
  3. Phono Groove

I’ve heard and owned quite a few speakers but right now my system consists of a Marantz Pm14s1 reference integrated with Focal Aria 906. Very neutral a bit too warm if you ask me, I might want to replace the Marantz with maybe a moon or naim amp but was curious tontry the rp600m’s with the Marantz. Yes it might be overkill but for the price I figure why not!

G B Kuipers likes this.
  4. Donivey

Donivey Well-Known Member

I’m listening to my RP-600M’s right now, connected to a 30wpc Class A Sugden integrated, and they sound marvelous! I think it really depends on what you pair them with. Enjoy!

5. Helom

Helom I'll take the monkey coffins

Steve Guttenberg interviewed a guy who downgraded from floorstanding Focal Electra Bes to the 600Ms.

Phono Groove likes this.
  6. Phono Groove

That says a lot! Do you happen to have a link to that video?

7. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

I've also been curious about these speakers. When researching my current speakers (Wharfedale Diamond 225) multiple people described the Wharfedale's as the polar opposite of Klipsch. I LOVE my Wharfedale's but would like to own Klipsch to experience the difference first hand.

8. Helom

Helom I'll take the monkey coffins

The whole video was one of his Audiophiliac Daily Show interviews with a fellow New Yorker. I watched it not long ago but it’s one of his older vids. You’d have to sift through his archives.

9. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

The Aria 906 and and the Klipsch are fair competitors and both great speakers with very different characters.

Klipsch gives more air and is brighter, Focal is more medium oriented.
    With the Focal you're good for jazz, classic and vocals, they will shine.
    The Klipsch is more enthusiastic, pop & rock will shine.

Very different beasts, but both wonderful speakers for the price !