1. We are experiencing extraordinarily high traffic at the moment due to the outage this morning, plus we will be running a few processes in the background to rebuild server caches. The forum will be responding a bit slower than normal until this has passed. Thank you!

Triangle Borea BR03's in the house

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by telemike, Jul 16, 2020.

1. telemike

telemike Forum Resident Thread Starter

Bought a set of Triangle BR03's from my local dealer Home Theater, Stereo Systems, Home Networking | Sales and Installation . They replace my Boston Acoustics A26's. The Triangles have a clearer and faster sound. Details pop out more. Bass is tighter, mids are a tad forward and the highs have more sparkle than the Boston's. I'm getting used to the sound signature in my house and am really growing into them. The sound at the dealer's house is obviously different than mine. I did take my Boston's to the dealer to compare them and in that environment it was very obvious how much better the Triangles are.

I am also using a SVS SB-1000 subwoofer (crossed at 65hz), a Rotel RA-12 integrated, Rotel CD14, Denon DP2500 and a Volumio Raspberry Pi.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    bhazen, Ric-Tic, SpeedMorris and 5 others like this.
  2. timind

timind phorum rezident

Congrats on the new speakers.

Do you ever have the opportunity to pull them out into the room a couple feet?

3. telemike

No, I have about 8" from wall

4. wownflutter

wownflutter Nocturnal Member

With my Triangle Celius speakers, positioning makes a huge difference.
    An inch forward or back and side to side makes quite noticable changes.
    Experiment over time.
    Since you are running the sub, I'd start with them away from the back wall as much as you can.

5. telemike

These have really been growing on me. Combined with the SVS Sub, I feel I have a winning combination.

6. bhazen

bhazen Fab Fourever

Anyone here heard the smaller uh, 'bro' to this speaker, the BR02? Seems it's been rather overshadowed by the BR03 ... I'm generally more interested in LS3/5A-sized speakers, given my small room.

7. bhazen

bhazen Fab Fourever

[bump]