The Faith No More Listening Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ChristopherTeuma, Sep 9, 2019.

1. ChristopherTeuma

ChristopherTeuma Forum Resident Thread Starter

Super Rock Festival, Gane Maritima del Alcantra, Lisbon Portugal
    July 9, 1995

2. ChristopherTeuma

Santiago Monsters of Rock
    September 8, 1995

3. ChristopherTeuma

4. ChristopherTeuma

And let me feel the pain I've done to you

Take This Bottle
    King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime 1995

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LYRICS: King For A Day...Fool For A Lifetime

I can wait to love in heaven
    I can wait for you
    Far away, I'll treat you better
    Better than down here

Cuz I've done wrong
    And I'm a little afraid
    And I ain't to strong
    And this ain't easy to say:

Take this bottle
    Take this bottle

And just walk away - the both of you
    And let me feel the pain - I've done to you

I can hope we'll be together
    With a better roof over our heads
    I can hope the stormy weather
    It passes on - it passes on

But I've hoped too long
    Hoped for me to change
    And that hope is gone
    So listen to what I say:

Take this bottle
    Take this bottle

I can wait for you

Take this bottle - and just walk away

Take this bottle
    (You gotta take it away, you gotta take it away)
    Take this bottle

I can wait for you

Take this bottle...

Interview with Faith No More
    Roddy "One of "those" songs; you've seen the video, right? The road cases, the guitar, packing them up, the bus, coming, going, the chicks, the backstage,... you know what it's about."
    Trey Spruance "And you've seen the commercials of the man beating the woman violently, all of that too..."
    Roddy "The telephone, the question marks,..."
    Trey "People listening underneath, the fear in their eyes, they know something really awful is happening... It's all there."
    Roddy "It started out like almost a country/western sort of ballad, rock ballad thing. It sounded so much like that, that we were calling it the Guns'n'Roses song."

Mike Bordin "I really dig that one. It's a song where I sit back and play and I almost don't even play, it's almost like auto-pilot, and I listen to everybody else. It's very minimal. Kinda reminds me almost of Bob Dylan or something, kinda country, twangy, or something. I'm really excited that we're doing a song like that, and I bet it's gonna surprise a lot of people. Again, the singing is great. It's my wife's favorite song."

KING FOR A DAY | 21st Anniversary | Bill Gould Interview
    'Take This Bottle' was your baby. And again it sits perfectly on the playlist. Is it true that you were unsure about whether it would?
    Billy "I was totally unsure about it at first, and didn’t really push it…it was the enthusiasm of the others, particularly Roddy, that probably helped it see the light of day."

Take This Bottle (2016 Remaster)
    Faith No More - Take This Bottle
    Faith No More - Take This Bottle (2016 Remaster)
    Faith No More - Take This Bottle (2016 Remaster)
    Open Qobuz
    Open Qobuz
    Faith No More - Take This Bottle - Listen on Deezer
    Faith No More - Take This Bottle (2016 Remaster) - Listen on Deezer
    Take This Bottle
    Take This Bottle (2016 Remaster)
    Take This Bottle
    Take This Bottle - 2016 Remaster
    ‎Take This Bottle by Faith No More
    ‎Take This Bottle (2016 Remastered Version) by Faith No More

Faith No More - Take This Bottle Lyrics | AZLyrics.com
    Faith No More - Take This Bottle Lyrics | SongMeanings
    Faith No More – Take This Bottle Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    mark winstanley and Disco Robot like this.
  5. ChristopherTeuma

FAITH NO MORE | CMJ MONTHLY | APRIL 1995
    [​IMG]

As a sign things are changing, both musicians point to the lonesome, subtly-brushed tearjerker "Take This Bottle." "It's like a Guns N' Roses song!" purrs Patton. "Maybe Hank Williams lyrics, but definitely GN'R music." Bordin strokes his fuzzy chin and suggests that "it's more Bob Dylan, I think. And we wouldn't have done that on the last record because it just wouldn't have fit. Billy-- the guy who was largely responsible for that song--said he initially didn't even know if he should play it for us."
    Patton continues the thought: "It's like when a certain member has an idea, and he's a little embarrassed over it, you know there's gotta be something good about it, it's gotta be worth doing!" Bordin agrees. "We're just not the kind of band to say 'never'. I would say we wouldn't ever do something, because we'd do it just to f--k each other up. Like if we're writing songs, and I mention 'I'm really glad you didn't write a song like *this* because it'd *really* p-ss me off.' guaranteed, the next song through the door would be a song like that."
    Patton is snickering again. A bad sign. "We try to f--k each other in the a** as much as anyone would," he says cheerfully.

6. ChristopherTeuma

7. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I dont mind the song, nice piano from Roddy, but how could they leave "Absolute Zero" off the record instead of this?

8. ChristopherTeuma

I'm gathering that was one part of the exchange, it's mapped out in the interviews (I'm gonna post another before the next song) Billy's song, Roddy and Puffy liked it, Puffy like Ricochet, and therein lay the squeeze. Ricochet and Take This Bottle earn their place on King For a Day, defining the experience of the album.
    I might look at doing a resequence as we finish up the b-sides. I welcome anyone else's re-sequencing attempts!

To other things...
    I'm in the middle of trying to use that Deezer "Spleeter" tool to separate the instruments. It's crummy in that expected way, but here's the Take This Bottle lead vocal.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    mark winstanley and asdf35 like this.
  9. ChristopherTeuma

If that was tolerable - here are the drums

mark winstanley likes this.
  10. Wigru

Wigru Well-Known Member

This.

11. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

I can appreciate how these songs were refreshing for the band, but I've not yet had a magic moment where I love the whole album. It's my fault, not theirs. "Take This Bottle" is one of the keepers for me, though. All the smoother, softer songs I like.

That "Spleeter" tool is a revelation, man! Totally geeked out about that. I like isolated tracks, vocal tracks. That tool has some broad uses. Will be used to attack many classic albums!!

12. ChristopherTeuma

13. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

14. ChristopherTeuma

His voice untethered, and with a good bit of flexing, his voice is really affecting. His croak is real, it's vulnerable.
    More renditions could've been something. Of Album of the Year songs in particular. I can apply his voice to "Mouth to Mouth" and "Pristina".

15. ChristopherTeuma

King For a Day

[​IMG]

It is not a good, if you are not looking good
    This is the best party that I've ever been to
    Today I asked for a god to pour some wine in my eyes
    Today I asked for someone to shake some salt on my life

Look!
    Everything's spinning
    (We're on the ground)
    Never cheer before you know who's winning
    (Don't make a sound)

Sniff the glass and let it roll around on your tongue
    Let me introduce you to someone before the party is done
    Someone to look to in need or in want or in war
    If you give him everything, he may give you even more

Look!
    Everything's spinning
    (We're on the ground)
    (Don't make a sound)

Look everything's spinning, we're on the ground!

Don't make a sound
    Don't make a sound!

Everything's spinning, we're on the ground!
    Everything's spinning, we're on the ground!

This is the best party I've ever been to

Don't let me die with that silly look in my eyes

King for a Day (2016 Remaster)
    Faith No More - King for a Day
    Faith No More - King for a Day (2016 Remaster)
    Faith No More - King for a Day (2016 Remaster)
    Open Qobuz
    Open Qobuz
    Faith No More - King for a Day - Listen on Deezer
    Faith No More - King for a Day (2016 Remaster) - Listen on Deezer
    King for a Day
    King for a Day (2016 Remaster)
    ‎King for a Day by Faith No More
    ‎King for a Day (2016 Remastered Version) by Faith No More
    King for a Day

Roddy "Yeah, I like the textures of that song a lot. I think the textures are what's really gonna eventually make or break that song. The string sound was really nice, and just the breath of the acoustic guitars was really important. It sounds great, the strumming of that guitar. And the intro and the outtro are my favorite parts - the simpler parts, going into the song, coming out of the song, I really like a lot. It gets really dense in the middle, which is a part of the whole journey of that song, but my favorite parts of the song are going into it and coming out of it. It's very Roxy Music to me, almost David Bowie, sorta like a surreal sort of traveling composition to me."

Mike Bordin "We had that in Billy's house on his computer. We worked on that song for a long time, to keep the balance between the lightness and the loud parts. It took a lot of work; that was a difficult song to work on. Really glad the way it turned out. It kinda reminds me of early Roxy Music, which I was a really big fan of. I loved Stranded, Siren, Country Life, and all those albums. It's got that elegant, suave tone, but it's still like a rock song. The middle of that song is cool, too, because we waited 'til we were in the studio, and we wrote it in the studio, so it was kinda like a jam. Which is also really exciting, we didn't really do that very often."

Trey Spruance "I like the regal feel of it... Not so much regal - it does change its ambience, but - it sorta maintains a largeness to it, like a presence, like you're inside some sort of large chamber of some type, and without a bunch of reverb. It's not effects that are causing that, it's the mood of the music. I think it's very moody. It reminds me of a Peter Murphy solo album or something like that."

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  16. ChristopherTeuma

FAITH NO MORE | April 1995 | Consumable Interview
    CONCERT REVIEW & INTERVIEW by Martin Bate

[​IMG]

Faith No More are back from the wilderness. It's been nearly three years since their massively succesful (in the non-American world) _Angel Dust_ album. During this period they toured for a ridiculously long time, fired their long-time guitarist Jim Martin, searched long and hard for a replacement, finally found one in Mr. Bungle guitarist Trey Spruance, recorded an album, parted company with Spruance almost as soon as it was finshed and asked keyboard tech Dean Menta to join half an hour later. FNM always seem to be a band forced to do things the hard way.

I caught up with them six shows into a pre-album-release mini tour of Europe which saw them playing small venues in the UK, the size of which they hadn't played since back before 'Epic' went nova.

The show itself was incredible as always - nobody juxtaposes beauty and ugliness quite like FNM - the frightening Black-Sabbath-on- crack of "Jizzlobber" is followed by the majestic Bee-Gees cover "I Started a Joke" and the super-smooth soundtrack-funk of "Evidence" contrasts with the opening assault of "Cuckoo for Caca". Mike Patton is visually the center of attention, snarling and spitting, screaming in a crouch, bouncing off the stage-front monitors, crooning gently with mock cabaret stage moves and joking with the audience - when someone throws a drink at him, he asks for more. And, the encore tongue-in-cheek cover of The Cranberries "Zombie" with some poor girl from the audience being dragged on stage to sing while Patton rocks out was one of the funniest things I'd seen in ages.

The rest of the band is equally in control. Bill Gould and Mike Bordin are one of the best rythym sections around at the moment, swapping between tribal pummeling and fluid grooves with ease. Roddy Bottum expands the sound with his keyboards and is almost a second front-man and new guitarist Dean Menta plays old and new material alike with confidence and an energy that had slowly become missing from Jim Martin. He is also without a doubt the nicest guy in the music business - fact!

If there's a feeling that they aren't *quite* back to 100% it's probably down to the set-list. A good two-thirds of the set is made up of established favorites (the new album wasn't due to come out for another few days) and songs like "Epic" and "We Care a Lot" can't do anything *but* sound a little tired and over-familiar after years of faithful service.

[​IMG]

I talked to bassist Bill Gould after the show with Dean dropping into the conversation occasionally. Bill is friendly and talkative, his relaxed confidence and business-like manner giving him the air of someone who'd do well in white-collar management if he ever fancied a career change.

So how's the tour going? "Fine. I mean it's only been like six or seven shows. It's brand new, we've just started."
    Why the small clubs? "It's good to be out here when the record comes out and we don't want to do anything too big because we want to work Dean into it in a comfortable way."
    How's Dean doing/ Bill smiles and says "He's doing good I think - what do you think?" I tell him that there definitely seems to have been something that's just clicked with Dean coming on board. That there seems to be a new confidence and strength and that everyone just seems *happier*.
    Bill nods, "Aw, totally! I mean just the atmosphere...." he tails off looking satisfied. What happened with Trey ? The official story was that he got cold feet about touring...
    "Well, yeah kinda. Y'know, he's a good guitar player but he wasn't the right guy for the band." There were all sorts of rumors about a fall-out with his long time Mr. Bungle band-mate Patton and money disagreements. "Well...Trey has some personal problems that will probably never be resolved.", he states, abruptly ending that avenue.
    I hit another slight brick-wall when it comes to song-writing. How did the breakdown of the writing go on the album? I heard Patton wrote a few guitar parts.. "Yeah, he did."
    In the past, it's always been hard to work out who does what. "Its something we don't like to talk about."

Okay...What would you say if I said the new album wasn't particularly a challenging album (in the sense that Angel Dust was a notoriously difficult album) but that it was challenging people's ideas of what FNM are. Is that fair?
    "Yeah. No. Actually, I think that we didn't think like that as much as we used to. I think it's just more like we decided to stop f-cking around and just make a good record", he laughs, "As far as we see one. I don't see us so much as trying to change or define what we are. I think now we're pretty comfortable with what we are."

I noticed a few people tonight who went to the bar as soon as you started playing new smoothie "Evidence". Does that bother you ?
    "No, that's cool, it doesn't matter. They did the same thing with (the Commodores) "Easy" when we started playing it too, it's the same thing - it's got the same effect. Y'know in six months it'll be totally different - it's just that people don't have the record yet."

FNM are always challenging people. One of their greatest strengths is that even their fans have no idea wha'ts coming next. The song I had the most problem getting my head round on the new record was "Take This Bottle", (previously compared in Consumable to Poison's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn"). "Just a Man" is pretty camp and "Easy" was pretty tongue-in-cheek but...
    Bill interjects, "Take This Bottle" is *not* tongue in cheek!"
    "Well that's the thing", I tell him. "I kept looking for the irony. There's definitely a sinister undercurrent in there though. Maybe a little violence."
    Bill nods, "Yeah, a little bit. It's just going to take people a little while to get used to it, it's always like this when our record comes out. If people hear the songs and don't have the album it's a little strange. It doesn't ever actually work live until they get to hear it."

[​IMG]

Bill, Roddy and Dean are all computer-literate and all three are members of the independent FNM/Mr. Bungle mailing-list, 'Caca Volante'. Indeed Dean was lurking on the group from its creation back near the start of the year....

So Bill, the Internet, and computers in general - whaddya reckon ?
    Bill laughs, "What do I reckon? Ha Ha ! Big question!" I laugh. OK, well...a few people reckon that 'net-surfing' is just a fad.
    "No, it's definitely not a fad. I don't think it's that, I just think it should be cheaper and more accessible. Y'know there's no international access really - like, I travel, I tour a lot all over the world and there's no way I can find any international access. The internet is not internet for me because I can't log onto my computer, I can't do any telnets from out here to get back there, so I'm f--ked!"
    Courtney Love, was making her infamous usenet posts from her hotel rooms. I guess she was doing that within the US though....
    "Yeah well she did it from America On-Line. Any f-cking idiot can do that." Yeah, AOL gets a bad name... "Well it's stupid! I mean it's cool for what it does but..."
    We get distracted as Dean wanders over and I take the chance to ask Dean about his other work. He's done work on soundtracks for several games. Anything we'd know?
    "Probably not. I did work for like this major game for this new company but the game was kind of a flop. And then I worked for a guy who did all independent stuff, sound for Virgin games. I don't know the names of them, but tons and tons of stuff. I was like understudy for the guy."
    So start looking at the credits for your software, FNM fans.

I tell Bill I heard he wrote the title-track for "King for a Day" on computer. Is that right ?
    "Well,", he pauses then laughs, "a lot of this record was written on computer actually. I tell you what, "Digging the Grave", that song was *all* on computer. The whole f--king song, believe it or not."
    I look surprised.
    "Well, the thing is, all the ideas...it's just the way you present your ideas to the rest of the band. I used to have a four-track and I used to put my ideas on there and play them to everybody. And then you want more, you want to learn digital audio and start learning MIDI, so I just do it on computer now because they're more versatile." "But y'know after you bring your ideas in everybody goes through and arranges the song - Everybody does everything together."
    Do you find it easier to work like that ? "I just *like* it, I think its cool. I love computers."
    What do you think of the Caca Volante mailing list? "CV's pretty interesting. I like to watch CV. If there's any mis-information going on I like to say something, but other than that I like to see it develop on its own." There used to be more gossip before people knew you guys were listening. Bill perks up. "Good gossip huh ? Weird sh-t?" Well, nobody said much about the Select interview (Recent UK interview which centered tabloid-style around Patton's marriage and Roddy Bottum's personal problems) whereas before it would have sparked some discussion. How much did that interview exaggerate things? Bill sighs, "Well, y'know this is the thing about the British press right now, they're using old ideas, things we were f-cking around with 2 or 3 years ago. They don't know what to write about and everything is going back to sh-t and Roddy's drug problems - I mean, Roddy hasn't had a drug problem in two years!"
    Yeah, they seem pretty obsessed right now Patton and his sh-t (Patton now has a history of doing things people normally wouldn't do with their own feces including having a taste of it according to a recent interview. Call it sick, call it an inquisitive mind, call it what you like, as he doesn't seem to care as long as it keeps the conversation off his private life).
    "They don't know what else to talk about. They don't have any other angle."
    I tell him it seems as if they're trying to make Patton the cartoon character now that the most easily defined character, Jim Martin has left. Bill agrees, "Yeah, that's exactly what they're trying to do. See, once they turn you into a cartoon character then they have the power to kill you." A lot of the mis-information and tabloid-hype in the press is kind of scary.
    "Well, the thing is, you can't really defend yourself because if you do you're giving *power* to the bullsh-t they say. The thing is, the British press, no matter how funny and entertaining it is to read, doesn't have a lot of credibility outside of England. It's pretty nuch a joke to the rest of the world. So it's hard to take that seriously."
    What about some of the almost fan-hysteria on the mailing-list ? Does it worry you or bother you ?
    "They can't touch me. I can just delete all my messages.", he grins, "I don't give a f-ck! I like it better that way. I like it better electronically cause I can come and go. There's a certain amount of respect because I take somebody at their word, face-value, none of the bullsh-t, I don't see what they look like. It's cool - it's the way to really communicate with people."
    With respect to fan-artist contact, computers have really broken down barriers.
    "Yeah, I'm f--king into it! It's a good way to get way to get information out and a good way to write information. If you want to know something, ask the source. Better than hearing it from some other a**hole!" he laughs.
    Later he tells me, "We're gonna try and get a web site going in the next couple of months so we'll have like a chat-room on the site and an information center. Warner has their own web site now (at WarnerBros.com | Home of WB Movies, TV, Games, and more! )"
    Many of the companies do seem to be getting in to it just now but a lot of the time it seems they're just doing it because it's trendy.
    "Thats cool. Y'know, whatever it takes. If it gets done, I don't care." He's got a point.
    So what's the plan now ?
    "We're gonna tour for f-cking forever! Until this time next year at least. We're doing this 'Alternative Nation' thing in Australia [Lollapalooza-type bill happening around Easter]. Three shows and then straight back to the US for the tour starting four days after that."
    Are you going to do Lollapalooza ? Have you been asked?
    "No. We have been deemed uncool for Lollapalooza. We *asked* to be on it actually. We don't have the cool factor though."
    Would a big thing like that not worry you after your bad experiences on the G'n'R/Metallica tour ? Although it can`t be as 'rock-n- roll' as that..."Well from what I hear, it is! But I think it would've been good for us to be on it."
    For the exposure ? "Exactly. But you can't be cool to everybody.", he shrugs.
    How much further do you see all this going ? There's been a lot of talk of how things nearly came to an end and so on. "One day at a time. It's always been f-cking tense in this band. And it'll continue to be.", he smiles resignedly.
    There's been mention of how if you go out now, you'll be going out on a high with the new album.
    "Well, no. We'll do another one after this, definitely. We already have half of it written so it's not going to take three years to come out next time. We're gonna write it on tour so when we get off tour we'll just make it right away. I'm gonna have a beer, d'you want on?"

As I say yes, it seems like a good place to end to end this interview. Cheers!

17. ChristopherTeuma

King For a Day, I think it's very consciously a continuation of The Real Thing as a centrepiece song, and in the way The Real Thing continues the themes and ideas of Epic and Zombie Eaters (to be resolved with Woodpecker) this seems to (me to) sequelise all of the songs so far. For this song, and the next, it feels like a concept album. It isn't, but for this song it could be.

The guitar solo, the octave run melody, recalls something I've never been able to identify. I've played some version of that solo in plenty of garage bands over the years. I'm still trying to work it out of my playing!

The Piano line might be the most Real Thing this album gets sound-wise, whether that's Roddy or Billy, that line is pretty blurred at this point, but that's our Faith No More in that piano line, whatever mutations have been allowed to occur.

18. ChristopherTeuma

Pinkpop Festival, Renbaan Landgraaf, Netherlands
    June 5, 1995

19. Wigru

Wigru Well-Known Member

This one is better live. Pretty well done in 1995 when it was still fresh. I really hope they'll put it in their playlist this summer. Also, one of the decent lyrics on the album.

20. ChristopherTeuma

Hold your vomit

What a Day

[​IMG]

A piece of mail
    A letter head
    A piece of hair
    From a human head

You're sayin' to me
    "I should've killed it"
    "I should've killed it"
    "I should've killed it before"

You're right, you're right
    "Kill the body and the head will die"
    They're laughing at me
    "I should've learned it"
    "I should've learned it"

"I should've learned it before"

-What a day, what a day
    If you can look it in the face
    And hold you're vomit

A wet sneeze and a "no left turn"
    A row of teeth and an encouraging word
    Beneath a mile of skin
    "I should've noticed it"
    "I should've noticed it"
    "I should've noticed it before"

What a day
    What a day
    What a day
    Don't you touch it

What a Day (2016 Remaster)
    Faith No More - What a Day
    Faith No More - What a Day (2016 Remaster)
    Faith No More - What a Day (2016 Remaster)
    Open Qobuz
    Open Qobuz
    Faith No More - What a Day - Listen on Deezer
    Faith No More - What a Day (2016 Remaster) - Listen on Deezer
    ‎What a Day by Faith No More
    ‎What a Day (2016 Remastered Version) by Faith No More
    What a Day
    What a Day (2016 Remaster)
    What a Day
    What a Day - 2016 Remaster

Faith No More Frequently Answered Questions
    What are the main influences on Patton's lyrics?

"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" by Hunter S. Thompson contains this phrase (in boldface): "Kill the body and the head will die" which also appears in FNM's song "What A Day".

21. ChristopherTeuma

According to Wikipedia (as of this typing) What a Day was supposed to be a single, but the others didn't do so well and it was cancelled.
    I would've preferred this to Ricochet, and of the singles none of them had the "King for a Day" sound as strongly as this. Get Out, Gentle Art, Cuckoo, Ugly , and this - imagine if they were the singles!! Couldn't ignore Evidence there though. Digging the Grave is in it's own space, in my mind.
    What a Day is the one that gets quoted and referenced the most for me, so many great lines, continuation of Patton's love of provoking viscera.

All of Patton's squeely shouty songs are great work out songs. If you can get a space alone, try to scream along, remember, he screams the note, get the note first and then push out from the gut! It's a work out in and of itself. Evacuate the gunk from your lungs, get a good cleanse.
    Not that I'll have the chance today... though it's looking good I'm gonna hold my vomit.

Anyone reading this going to the upcoming concerts, there's your chance!

mark winstanley and Wigru like this.
  22. Sully79

Sully79 Well-Known Member

Yep, now is my chance! Just got B'ham tix.....:goodie:

ChristopherTeuma likes this.
  23. ChristopherTeuma

24. ChristopherTeuma

Can't you see
    There's only one me
    And that me is me

The Last to Know

[​IMG]

Where it grows on trees
    But never
    never blooms
    Where it hurts the least for whoever
    Saw it first

First to go and the last to know

Last longer than a lifetime
    Takes the least amount of effort
    Feels better than a bargain
    Just to know it's there

First to go and the last to know

Can't you see
    There's only one me
    And that me is me

I know where but I cannot share
    You'll call me - I'll stand in line till then
    I'll be waiting

Can't you see
    All circuits are busy
    Please try back again

The Last to Know (2016 Remaster)
    Open Qobuz
    Open Qobuz
    Faith No More - The Last to Know - Listen on Deezer
    Faith No More - The Last to Know (2016 Remaster) - Listen on Deezer
    ‎The Last to Know by Faith No More
    ‎The Last to Know (2016 Remastered Version) by Faith No More
    The Last to Know
    The Last to Know - 2016 Remaster
    The Last to Know
    The Last to Know (2016 Remaster)

Trey Spruance "Yeah, I have similar feelings on that one. I like the space that that song creates. Very large space."
    Roddy "Very dense. Texture's very dense."
    Nice tempo. Not too fast.
    Trey Spruance "Yeah, it plods."
    Roddy "Pearl Jam. [Everyone laughs.] Pearl Jam on mushrooms."
    I love your guitar solo on that
    Trey "Oh really? Jimi Hendrix, right? [More laughs.] Thanks, yeah, that was a fiveinthemorning one, for sure."

25. ChristopherTeuma

The Forum, London, UK
    March 13, 1995