Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Archive Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jan 2, 2020.

1. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

Like "Jake" from State Farm??

2. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Resident

The hardest part may be not having Flaming Pie Collector's in your hands at this moment even though you repurchased it especially knowing others have received theirs (I could only afford the 2CD version). Delayed gratification may be a challenge, yet, you'll have your copy soon right away.

At least you've got a more trusted source the second time around covid notwithstanding. :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    Martin de Dios, longdist01 and JDeanB like this.
  3. Me level headed ? Did you subscribe ? :tiphat:

supermd and fishcane like this.
  4. Agree to everything you said. I paid 337 in the end for the Monolith Edition

supermd, The Beave and maccawings like this.
  5. maccawings

maccawings Forum Resident

I’m happy that you and some others were able to grab it at the reduced price!

The Beave, Oyster Boy and longdist01 like this.
  6. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani Forum's hostage

Take it easy, my missus' uncle (76 years old) got COVID and it's already been 2 weeks without any important sympthoms - just coughing and not much.
    You will sort this out, smoothly

7. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

For some reason I thought it got one track, thanks for the correction!

jl151080 likes this.
  8. Captain Paul

Captain Paul Forum Resident

De-limited? I wasn’t aware of any limiting issue on this set.

9. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the strip of distortion or “damage” below the cover pictures supposed to be? Presumably something
    to do the Polaroid process, right?

10. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life!

The 2 cd set is excellent! Just weird right right now!
    Beave

Carlox, Oyster Boy, JeffreyB and 3 others like this.
  11. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life!

Thank God! Love your family!
    Beave

jricc, The Quiet One, theMess and 2 others like this.
  12. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

Good to know I wasn't the only one who did that.

Arnold Grove and maccawings like this.
  13. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani Forum's hostage

:love::cheers:

theMess likes this.
  14. bward

bward Forum Resident

“Get Off My Lawn!”

I laughed every time that came up!

Great job with the video.

And I’m impressed you were able to open it with no help! It was a two person job in my house.

Anyway, I just letting you know I really enjoyed it. Hope you’re enjoying the CE.

Cheers!

Eska68, AppleCorp3 and Mazzy like this.
  15. Dr. Dog

Dr. Dog Forum Resident

To me one is awesome and the other cringy.

jmxw likes this.
  16. grorr76

grorr76 Forum Resident

have been a subscriber for ages.. love your German friend mr 45rpm so sounds like Arnold "ill be back"

Mazzy likes this.
  17. bward

bward Forum Resident

Sending positive vibes your way Beave. I’m sorry you are going through all this. I lost my Dad on the same day, ten years ago. Always weird this time of year.
    Pulling for you.

Claudio Dirani, The Beave and mrjinks like this.
  18. His collection is amazing. I find it interesting how different folks dive into music and their collection styles

supermd likes this.
  19. grorr76

grorr76 Forum Resident

you really had to be right time right place to get it, it was just a stroke of luck it was released on the day it was as the sale ended the same day as it came out.

maccawings likes this.
  20. grorr76

grorr76 Forum Resident

I know im being sarcastic but man looks like he buys every release there is.. everything is beautiful , wonderfull.. love how he says the bass player he pronounces it as bas player. Did you see his video after he had a rough night sleeping because of the heat, so funny. being here in australia 38 degree days in summer are common , but I guess in trope not so much. I lived in England for a couple of years place went nuts when it got hot.

Mazzy likes this.
  21. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie Forum Resident

So, reading the archive book tonight I noticed the sign-in sheet photo for the Mill. Dave Stewart signed in for May 1995 (probably work on "Whole Life") and also Jeff Lynne for June 1995. According to the book, the Flaming Pie sessions with Lynne began in Nov. 1995 (about the time we were all anticipating Anthology and "Free as a Bird"). So would the June session have been for "Cello in the Ruins" possibly?

Also, there is a note that Paul and Jeff actually first met in France in July 1980 when Ringo was recording tracks with Paul for Stop and Smell the Roses. Just wondering -- Jeff Lynne must have just popped in (working on something else nearby?). He's not listed as contributing to the album.

Finally, does anyone proofread these books? Found two mistakes tonight -- one is an *s missing on "add" in the section about John and the Flaming Pie story. Frustrating.

theMess and Wiserforthetime like this.
  22. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

The McCartney Years, as we've seen from the Archives, aren't complete. Paul has a real tendency to frustrate fans by keeping one or two things out of every compilation — Wings' Greatest missing out on #1 single "Listen To What The Man Said," All the Best!'s two different versions, and Wingspan: Hits/History's missing of "Mary Had A Little Lamb" and "Letting Go" singles in favour of delving into the non-Wings era being prime examples.

Frustrating that it's not there, right?
    Pure McCartney is so frustrating as a fan: we finally get a decent breadth of the whole catalogue and there are key tracks missing… with space they could have easily fit.
    (Yes, I'm also counting the absence of "C Moon" and "Daytime Nightime Suffering" in there.)

Thank goodness for digital music players where you can expand the compilations to something better!
    I've made longer playlists for the essential tracks on 1962-1966/1967-1970 and Pure McCartney and those are often my go-to these days.

AppleCorp3 likes this.
  23. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

If you're talking about the dark edge around, that's the excess developer around the negative which has no image to interact with.
    It's the tell-tale sign of a Polaroid transfer. I've done a lot of them and they always end up like that… unless you screw up somewhere and part of the image is smeared.

Lewisboogie and AppleCorp3 like this.
  24. jmxw

jmxw Forum Resident

That's why you should always keep them hermetically sealed in a mayonnaise jar behind Funk and Wagnall's porch. :cool:

hollywoodswag likes this.
  25. maccawings

maccawings Forum Resident

Definitely, I was not in the market for one but watched from the sidelines. I’m really happy for those that got the massive price reduction but on the same note, can see why those who spent $600 would be angry/disappointed/ or felt cheated.

I was one of the lucky ones that got the SDE box for $153 before that disappeared

jricc, colindpratt and Lewisboogie like this.