Ozzy Osbourne vinyl box set due November 19

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Son of Ziggy, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Son of Ziggy

Son of Ziggy Forum Resident Thread Starter

:laugh:

tinnox likes this.
  2. seaisletim

seaisletim Forum Resident

Olympia Theater - Dec. 20, 1970

Best of both worlds

Jam757, Krzych and Son of Ziggy like this.
  3. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Ozzy Osbourne - Live At Budokan
    Splatter vinyl from box set
    2 LP sterling

Bumping thread with some pictures of albums to keep thread going. Hope no one minds.

4. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Ozzy Osbourne - Black Rain
    Sterling 2 LP

Jam757, thetman, jazon and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

One of the many shining masterpieces from this set! I’m spinning No More Tears again right now, sounds incredible!

tinnox and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I’m not surprised these LPs sound good, I was extremely impressed with the mastering and pressing quality of my 30th Anniversary boxset for the first two albums. I also own mint first UK pressings for the first two albums and the box set pressings hold up wonderfully.

tinnox likes this.
  7. Vinyl Fan 1973

My US Ultimate Sin original LP sounds great to me, much better than the CD.

tinnox and Jam757 like this.
  8. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Yeah, I disagree with Ozzy’s take on that album, always loved it and had the huge Ultimate Sin poster on my bedroom wall when I was 17!

jonboy71, tinnox and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  9. Vinyl Fan 1973

Also, what I love about the Blizzard pressing that came with the 30th Anniversary set is that it mirrors the original UK release, so logo and different back cover photo. Excellent mastering.

tinnox, Matthew Tate and Zongadude like this.
  10. Vinyl Fan 1973

You are of my tribe!! I’ve loved that album ever since I saw the Ultimate Sin video and rushed out to buy it on cassette. It’s the perfect album IMO, I like the production and the songs are great.

In regards to the boxset, it would have been cool if they included that Japan only release “The other side of Ozzy Osbourne”. It’s probably my fave Ozzy release and the first LP I bought when I got back into vinyl. It’s never been issued on CD.

tinnox and Jam757 like this.
  11. Vinyl Fan 1973

Has anyone accessed the rare live video content from inside the box?

tinnox and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Ozzy Osbourne - Scream
    Sterling 2 LP
    In a word awesome !

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    Vinyl Fan 1973 and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Always loved Ultimate Sin. That was my first Ozzy concert that I went to and also became a fan of Metallica as they were opening for Ozz and they were on tour for Master Of Puppets, what a double bill but Ozzy ruled the evening.

14. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Got a definitive response from Sony on replacing just one LP - "Bark at the Moon" which has a piece of paper pressed into the end of Rock N Roll Rebel.

They don't replace individual parts of a box set, so they can't replace Bark at the Moon. They will allow me to return the whole box for an exchange, but right now they are on back order and they have no idea of a date when they would have a box to replace my box.

Obviously, I'm not going to chance sending the whole box back for one LP, which is 95% fine (other than some pops and thumps when the stylus hits the grooves where the paper is pressed underneath to playable surface).

Oh well. :(

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

really customer-focused operation there.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

My box finally arrived today, got number 235. Ordered on 1st December from UK Store... I´ll start with Ozzmosis, as being my favourite Ozzy record...

c-eling and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Ozzy Osbourne - Scream
    2 LP splattered vinyl
    From box set sterling

18. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

I recently bought an lp from the box set with the poster separately from the box set. Can anyone provide an info how to download the app to activate the videos?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. sonofjim

sonofjim Forum Resident

I’m on the same boat. My Mr. Crowley EP is the only one with a bad spot. In a set this size, the chances of every disc in the replacement being perfect are slim.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Forum Resident

Finally got my set two days ago (had ordered around December 7th or so when the "Ships January 20th message was on the ordering page). Received # 1682. Looking forward to listening to it this weekend. So far Blizzard of Ozz sounds great!

21. Ryan Fisher

Ryan Fisher Well-Known Member

I'm in a delay after delay pattern right now. I ordered on January 6 (just didn't have the money prior). Originally said ships on or around January 10. Then it changed to January 17. Now today it's changed to January 24. I'm honestly getting a bit nervous that I'll get an email that states they are refunding, as the order can't be fulfilled. Anyone else in the same boat?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

I was about to order yesterday but backed out after being charged shipping. The main musictoday website says free shipping so I emailed them to see what thats all about!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

still hoping these get individual releases, would be nice if they were colored vinyl, but don't expect them to be if it does happen. Time will tell. fingers crossed
    [​IMG]

hiddman likes this.
  24. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

I wanted to ask Ozzy fans who are more familiar with the later albums. What are the opinions of Down to Earth, Black Rain and Scream albums in Ozzy's discography?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

black rain sounds like a BLS album with ozzy singing. down to earth is good but a bit poppy. i'd say scream is the best of those 3

fsutall and WhoDaresWins like this.