Latest Bandcamp purchase

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Keam, Jul 24, 2020.

1. speedracer

speedracer Forum Resident

Thanks for this goldmine of a post. Huge fan of African guitar - Saharan rock in particular, so I will be getting some titles ready for next Bandcamp Friday.

Just bought High Violets 44 Down from bandcamp

dbucki likes this.
  2. barking spider

barking spider Forum Resident

I bought Ian Moss Live recently. I highly reommend this beautiful solo live album by Cold Chisel guitar ace Ian Moss

[​IMG]

3. LuxInt

LuxInt Well-Known Member

Friday’s purchases included:
    *Malibu Ken (Aesop Rock and TOBACCO)
    *The four Legendary Pink Dots retrospectives, each covering a 10 year period
    *Door to the Cosmos mix from label On the Corner
    *the latest label mix from Alpha Matrix
    *Bronson - Bronson
    *Made of Rain - the Psychedelic Furs
    *Dogrel & A Hero’s Death - Fontaines DC
    *Atlas Vending - Metz
    *Say Goodbye to Pretty Boy - Bartees Strange

4. CraigVC

CraigVC Forum Resident

How does the Wish List feature on Bandcamp work? I've been "wishing" for a Wish List feature for a long time; please tell me where it is on a release page, as I can't find a "wish list" option on the pages of titles I'm interested in buying some day (e.g., on those happy Fridays when Bandcamp waives fees to get more cash into the hands of the artists).

5. Under the artwork there's a 'Share/Embed' and 'Wishlist' button (a heart symbol), just click on it and you added the release to your wish list.

Louise Boat likes this.
  6. ghostdwg

ghostdwg Forum Resident

Emma Swift-Blonde on the Tracks
    Robyn Hitchcock-The Man Downstairs Demos & Rarities

7. CraigVC

CraigVC Forum Resident

Weird. It must be disabled / not available for many of the releases I'm interested in. For example, I'm not seeing a heart under the artwork here:

Shutting Down Here, by Jim O'Rourke

8. Ah yes, indeed there are exceptions. Some releases don't have a wish list button, for whatever reason. In that case bookmark it into your browser.
    Even more seldom, at least what I've seen, sometimes there's not even a buy option (no purchase buttons etc). Some labels just link a release to a website outside of Bandcamp.

Louise Boat likes this.
  9. CraigVC

CraigVC Forum Resident

I just sent them a message to ask them if there's a problem that I'm seeing, or if the lack of heart/wishlist option sometimes is intentional.

Craig.

10. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Forum Resident

If you like folk music, one of my favorite albums from bandcamp is Shannon Jae Ridout's Strung Up Sorrow from 2014. It just gets better and better--a classic in my book.

strung up sorrow, by shannon jae ridout

Likewise, Sierra Ferrell's Washington by the Sea album released last year is wonderful. Can't get enough of it! Strong melodies, diverse influences, plus...how often do you get to hear the saw as a musical instrument in such a captivating fashion. Good news is that she's been signed to a real record label with the 1st album on the label coming out next year.

Washington by the Sea (full album), by Sierra Ferrell

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  11. LuxInt

LuxInt Well-Known Member

From the link you posted, I see the wishlist option under the vinyl LP option.

12. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

I bought the Alternate songs of British Sea Power‘s “Let the Dancers Inherit the Party”. They dumped a lot of material on to Bandcamp recently. A lot of great stuff.

Louise Boat likes this.
  13. dbucki

dbucki Forum Resident

Listening right now to the cd I bought back in 2oo3 or so. :)

14. jimbo3688

jimbo3688 Forum Resident

Rilo Kiley reissue of debut

15. CraigVC

CraigVC Forum Resident

Frustrating. I can't see a heart/wishlist in either Firefox or Chrome browsers, either logged in or logged out (using incognito windows). Here's what I see; what am I overlooking?

[​IMG]

dbucki likes this.
  16. dbucki

dbucki Forum Resident

I see the same as you on a Mac using Safari.

CraigVC likes this.
  17. Same here. Unfortunately there's no wish list button anywhere on this page.

18. LuxInt

LuxInt Well-Known Member

Are you logged into your Bandcamp account?

19. CraigVC

CraigVC Forum Resident

Yes.

20. deege3000

deege3000 Forum Resident

21. LuxInt

LuxInt Well-Known Member

Sorry, not sure how I missed that fact in your original message :/

22. octophone

octophone fit and working again

If you pay Bandcamp's monthly fee for a pro or label page, you have additional features. One of those is removing the share/wishlist functions. Difficult to see why someone would do that, unless the "logic" is something like: "if they can't wishlist it for later, they're more likely to buy it right now".

TL,DR - no-one is missing anything due to browser/OS etc.

Louise Boat likes this.
  23. octophone

octophone fit and working again

24. Bassist

Bassist Forum Resident

25. I have become a Bandcamp fan, especially as several South African artists are starting to use them so I can still get lossless copies of their music, not rely on iTunes.

But I wasn't aware Alvin was available, thank you for this. I have to get the rarities set, it includes what I consider to be the single greatest Dylan cover I've ever heard... his version of Highway 61 Revisited.