“Invest in Vinyl” inner sleeves

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by GBailey9099, Jun 26, 2020.

1. GBailey9099

GBailey9099 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Wondering if anyone has any reviews or feedback on the “Invest in Vinyl” rice paper inner sleeves.

They look and feel just like the MOFI ones, and all reviews I see online are pretty positive.

I have most of my collection in the MOFI sleeves but these Invest in Vinyl sleeves are much cheaper. I’ve been using them for several months and love them so far. They seem every bit as thick if not more, and the corners actually don’t seem to get hung up when going into the jacket as often as the MOFI ones. When on sale I get 50 poly outers & 50 inners for $20.

Just wondering if anyone else has any feedback on these or any reason it might not be a good idea to use them.

Cheers.

2. Firehead

Firehead Forum Resident

Greetings. I have used various inner sleeves over the years. I did use the MOFI inner sleeves and loved them. Due to price I switched over to the Invest in Vinyl sleeves and felt they were pretty competitive against the mofi sleeves.
    I'm not sure if they are made of the same anti-static, anti-scratch material but they are very identical and work just as well. I've purchased three individual times now so I'd say I'm pretty happy with them. I also get the 50 inner and 50 outer sleeves bundle. I do recommend them.

Sullygr2221 likes this.
  3. Radio

Radio Forum Resident

I have been using them and they seem to be comparable to the MoFi sleeves. Didn't know about the 50 inner/outer bundle, but I do now. Thanks.

4. patient_ot

patient_ot Forum Resident

Never tried them but wondered about them. Curious if they use the same manufacturer as MOFI or not, since the QRP inners and maybe a couple others seem to be from the same source as MOFI.

5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they seem really comparable, but the ones i've purchased are just a wee bit smaller than the mofi sleeves.

patient_ot likes this.
  6. vinylfilmaholic

vinylfilmaholic Forum Resident

I’ve used them as well as the square deal inners and MoFis. They’re all good in my book.

7. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

MoFi doesn't make sleeves. They just rebrand the ones they buy. The ones they sell today today are holdover from when JVC pressed their records in Japan. Rice paper sleeves were exclusively sold by Discwasher as VRP sleeves. When Discwasher's owner when bankrupt in 2004 the exclusivity ended and MoFi started selling them. I imagine they started using their own stock that would have been sent directly to RTI, then figured out how lucrative selling sleeves were and started marketing them heavily. So most of the sleeves are probably all made at the same factory, with different branding.

8. Radio

Radio Forum Resident

Do you have a source for the 50/50 bundle? Appears to be unavailable on Amazon. Thanks.

9. GBailey9099

GBailey9099 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I’ve bought them on their eBay page before. I think they’re usually $40 or so but I bought a bunch when they were posted for $20 a few weeks ago. So keep an eye out!

Radio likes this.
  10. Firehead

Firehead Forum Resident

I took a quick look on Amazon and it seems they are not listed any longer.
    They were priced at 24 bucks for the bundle. Perhaps in the near future they will relist them.

Radio likes this.
  11. Scott in DC

Scott in DC Forum Resident

Has anyone compared the Invest in Vinyl round bottom inner sleeves to Nagaoka round bottom inner sleeves?

Scott

12. Lowrider75

Lowrider75 Forum Resident

13. patient_ot

14. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan Senior Member

Until about a month ago, they were $17.99 with free shipping from Amazon. Less than a year ago, the MOFIs were $20.00 with free shipping from Amazon. I switched to the Invest in Vinyls when the MOFIs went up to $24.99. The $7 per 50 difference was significant. Now the delta is running $5 per 50 through Amazon. One nice thing about the MOFIs is they are stocked at my local Amazon warehouse, which means free same day delivery, even on a Sunday, with Amazon Prime.

GentleSenator and patient_ot like this.
  15. The_Audiophile

The_Audiophile Well-Known Member

You Americans have it so easy :D

Over here (in ireland anyway) mofi sleeves cost €40+ on amazon and its not on prime :eek::mad:

Then the Invest in vinyl sleeves linked above are €17.85 with €31.25 shipping :shake:

What does an audiophile have to do to get decent prices on inners :rolleyes::help:

16. patient_ot

Looks like these Invest inners are now $50 for 50 on ebay now, so not a very good deal at all. I may have found an alternative source for "MoFi style" inners that are unbranded and only $13 for a 50 pack. I'll report back when they show up.

17. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

Elusive disc sells the MOFI sleeves pack of 50 for $20. That seems decent to me They sell a bunch of other brands as well. If you buy in bulk you save money - buy two packs and it's $17 that sort of thing

Mobile Fidelity 12" Vinyl Inner Sleeves (50 Pack)

18. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan Senior Member

Must be a temporary shortage jacking up the price. They were in stock at Amazon last week at $19.99/50 with free shipping, but now listed as: "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

They do have three other styles of Invest in Vinyl inners in stock at Amazon:

50 LP Inner Sleeves Anti Static Round Bottom 33 RPM 12" Vinyl Record Sleeves - $12.99/50

50 LP Inner Sleeves Anti Static Square Vinyl Record Sleeves 33 RPM 12" - $17.99/50

50 Poly Lined Paper Protective LP Inner Sleeves Vinyl Record Sleeves (80 GSM Ivory Color) - $19.99/50

I have used hundreds of the Invest in Vinyl sleeves that are similar to the MoFi sleeves (and hundreds of those, too) and like them, but have not personally used the three listed above. So, this is not a recommendation, just a sharing of information. Do your research, read the reviews and make your decision.

19. garyt

garyt Forum Resident

I buy the Nagaoka type (have done for 40+ years), last order from Amazon was £46.50 for 100 (2 x 50), P&P included.

20. Vinyl Archaeologist

Vinyl Archaeologist Forum Resident

at those rates I’d buy the gold ring ex-static sleeves which are in my experience a superior product and don’t leave hairline scratches

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  21. patient_ot

If anyone is looking for some MOFI-like inners you may want to give these linked below a try.

I just got them so I'm not going to make an unqualified recommendation but they seem to be from the same OEM that a number of brands are using. No branding on the actual sleeves, and they are cheapest I've found for inners of this type:

CSP 33RPM RICE PAPER SLEEVES

There are also these 4mil outer sleeves which I am also giving a shot. These remind me of the Sleeve City 2.0 Ultimate Outers but they are twice as thick.

CSP RECORD SLEEVES 4MIL 50CT*

22. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Forum Resident

was wondering this myself but apart from the MoFi-like sleeves being in-stock at Amazon while the actual MoFi-branded sleeves aren't, there's no price difference to speak of.

23. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

buy the genuine mofi sleeves here Mobile Fidelity 12" Vinyl Inner Sleeves (50 Pack)

If you buy 2-3 packs they are $17.50 a pack. I bought two - shipped all the way to me in Hong Kong in 5 days. I have had 4 vinyl shipments and it is all very well packed (double packed).

Plus they have a lot of new vinyl - and a 10% off code you can type in. Although I don't think it applies to sleeves just LPs.

24. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict ___The Enforcer___

I've also heard that most Irish grade schoolers have to walk at least five miles to school, and then the same distance home --- and it's uphill both ways? Is that true?

25. Nathan Z

Nathan Z Forum Resident

Are the invest in vinyl rice paper inners made using HDPE? In my area they seem to be the best value option but before I buy them I want to confirm the material.