How to easily move heavy subwoofer around house?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Sub, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Sub

Sub Active Member Thread Starter

If your subwoofer weighs between 80 and 200 lbs, how do you move it around the house? And how do you carry it or transport it when you are moving out the house? I'm a small guy and have weak bones and undefined muscles.

2. George Blair

George Blair Forum Resident

Take the Charles Atlas course?

3. vinylkid58

vinylkid58 Forum Resident

4. Adam9

Adam9 Senior Member

Tim Irvine likes this.
  5. Sub

But no really I have a medical condition so I have to handle heavy items a certain way.

hi_watt likes this.
  6. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

There are so called leveling casters. They let you wheel heavy pieces and then settle them like solid feet. Find out thread size of your subwoofer feet, replace them and bingo. They probably less then 20 dollars each.

timind likes this.
  7. timind

timind phorum rezident

Strong grandsons have saved my back more than once.

8. Sub

But how can I use the leveling casters with this isolation system? >> https://www.amazon.com/SVS-SoundPath-Subwoofer-Isolation-System/dp/B00NCSQ5GK

What type of leveling casters do you recommend with subs like Rythmik L12 and FVX12?

9. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

10. Old Zorki II

Well, you don't )). Besides 1) leveling casters are anti-vibration devices by itself and 2) necessity of those gel feet for subwoofer is questionable.
    BTW, I have Rythmik E15HP3, it is not 200 pounds sub, but still.. I also have severe hand conditions. And yet I can easily move it by tilting and rolling.

11. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Set up a system and leave it. If you need a sub in a new location just buy another one. Then eventually you will have subs all over the house. Subterranean home. :hide:

12. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

13. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

hi_watt likes this.
  14. cdash99

cdash99 Forum Resident

15. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic Autodidact Debater

16. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

17. Sub

What leveling casters do you recommend? Is there a specific brand or site that has casters that are compatible with Rythmik subs like the L12 and FXV12 that you can suggest? Are there instructions for install if you are using them for subwoofers?

18. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I have tile plank floors and have had to move my sub around, a largish Epik 15" Sealed, I tip it off of the Subdude platform onto a large beach towel, then I can drag it around to where it needs to go.

33na3rd and timind like this.
  19. Myke

Myke Listening

Family and / or friends with hand trucks. My 37 year-old son and a former neighbor were both Godsends when I moved almost 2 years ago.

timind likes this.
  20. Old Zorki II

I think despite all difernt brands they all made in South Korea )). You need this Foot Master 1-5/8 in. Nylon Wheel Metric Stem Leveling Caster with Load Rating (110 lbs.)-GD-40S - The Home Depot
    But because thread is M8 and Rythmik is M10 you will need studs like this
    S8X10X35BLK - Step Stud Black [S8X10X35BLK] - $3.99 : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair

Ilusndweller and 33na3rd like this.
  21. Brodnation

Brodnation The Future Never Dies because Tomorrow Never Knows

If your moving it within the floor level. I’ve used office chairs or skateboards. If you wanna go up stairs: you probably need someone to help.

22. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Sultan Of Snark

Welcome to the forum. You could probably hire someone here, but...you have to make at least 50 posts first. ;)

Seriously, start with a location in mind, then approach a neighbor or family member. Make the move as fast as necessary, then bring over a plate of cookies afterwards, and invite them over to listen to your system.

I often recommend a pleasant, easy-listening out with superb fidelity, called Metal Machine Music. :uhhuh:

23. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict ___The Enforcer___

First, that's quite the range - 80 to 200lbs!!!

Makes it so there are multiple answers.... 80lbs, pick it up and move it. But 200lbs -- that's why I keep my wife around.

Brodnation and pdxway like this.
  24. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

Maybe screw a couple of sturdy handles on the sides?....easier for lifting and dragging:)

25. pscreed

pscreed Never Forget