Coming January 2020 - Miles Davis' "Live Evil" Quad Mix On SACD In 7" Mini LP Package

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by soundboy, Dec 3, 2019.

1. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Yep me too!

Super exciting!

2. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Strange Mathematics, Rhythmic Equations

You know what I mean, It's too much for a one album.

3. Lonson

Lonson Don't Get Around Much Anymore

"A one album" that is two multi-layer SACDs.

I "pre-ordered" this by purchasing from a trusted eBay dealer in early November. I'm excited!

4. There needs to be a SACD/Surround, etc. of Black Beauty.

5. BackScratcher

BackScratcher Forum Resident

How did they squeeze quad sound out of the original live recordings from a venue like the Cellar Door?

6. ATR

ATR Senior Member

This thread affords me the periodic opportunity to rhetorically ask why the Complete Jack Johnson Sessions box, according to the booklet included with the redbook CD set mixed to 5.1 channel DSD, was never released on SACD. Now that would be something. As for Live Evil, like Bitches Brew had a quad LP release in the 70's so that would be the mix they're using I presume. Miles Davis - Live-Evil

7. +1

moops likes this.
  8. Jerry James

Jerry James Forum Reticent

Hey all. Sorry for this banal inquiry, but; I have no idea how to decipher a single thing on the CD Japan/other website to order this. Could anyone help simplify this, please? I somehow managed to get the BB quad when it came out ordering from them (I think I got super lucky pushing buttons), but this looks way more difficult to me for some reason....

9. JakeKlas

JakeKlas Impatiently waiting for an 8-track revival

Just pre-ordered. Pretty decent price for a double-SACD... then you add in the overseas shipping. Oh well... the price will be long forgotten when the music is still being enjoyed.

Shvartze Shabbos and David67 like this.
  10. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

In the upper right corner of your cart is a drop down box to change the language to english.

Jerry James likes this.
  11. David67

David67 Forum Resident

Yep, £55 with shipping and the import charge to come in the new year. Ouch! But as you rightly point out, it will be forgotten when I'm enjoying the music.

JakeKlas likes this.
  12. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

I did ok using a coupon on HMV Lawson. About $40. And then I get another coupon after it is shipped.

Cost of all items : ¥5,000
    Coupon/Special Coupon : -¥2,864
    Delivery Cost : ¥1,900

13. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Is it really? I like the electric "fusion" period a lot, but stuff like E.S.P. (mid-60s quintet) is really the finer disciplined musicianship to my ears. Both are high on improv things going on. Of course there are not a lot of 4.0 quad mixes of mid-60s material to be found.

14. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Just ordered the Live Evil quad SACD from cdjapan. Always have had excellent service from them.

15. formu_la

formu_la A.I.

Reply:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The record company only announced it is Multi Hybrid SACD format and we are so sorry to inform you there is no other information about it.

Sorry fro your inconvenience.

Sincerely
    -----------------
    CDJapan support"

Ordered anyway. There is enough evidence from other sources that it's multichannel.

moops likes this.
  16. You said it all!

JakeKlas likes this.
  17. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Forum Resident

From the description on the CD Japan site:

That's enough for me. Ordered!

18. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

you might be lucky. I've had a few from CD Japan that were over the threshold and haven't been stung with import/handling fees. best of luck!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    David67 likes this.
  19. formu_la

formu_la A.I.

Yep, they updated the description.

20. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Pick up a fast car, burn my name in the road

Ordered
    $46 in surround world for what was a double lp (to the best of my knowledge), isn't really that expensive.
    I hope the mix is good though. Reports I have read around the place say it has good separation

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  21. ATR

ATR Senior Member

These dang threads. I ended up pre-ordering a copy for myself. Listened to Santana Lotus today, which is also in this series along with Bitches Brew. Looking forward to hearing what they do with Live Evil.

22. rxcory

rxcory jazz band/marching band parent

Was this ever mixed to anything other than stereo? If so I haven’t seen it.

23. ATR

ATR Senior Member

Yes. See my previous post. In the SQ series with Bitches Brew and others that were quadraphonic LP’s.

24. rxcory

rxcory jazz band/marching band parent

Wait, are we talking about Black Beauty? Because I can't find anything other than the stereo mix for that one. If there's a quad or multi-ch remix for that, could you provide a link?

25. ATR

ATR Senior Member

I misunderstood, no, not of Black Beauty.