Boston's first album on CD and hi-rez

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grant, Apr 8, 2017.

1. soundman45

soundman45 Well-Known Member

waynekleklein, I suggest you Google UMG fire 2008. The New York Times wrote two different articles on the subject. The first was horrific then they followed up with an article that was even worse, saying that there even hundreds more artists that were not on the original list.
    Heres a Wiki article
    shttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Universal_Studios_firelating. It slates ome of the artists tapes that were lost. So next time you decide to buy a new an improved master of a Universal Music Group project prior to 2008, especially if its. In analog form I would be weary if its the real deal. In many cases the Multitracks went up in flames too so they can never be remixed. The sad thing about UMG is that out of the big three record companies
    They are by far the largest conglomerate.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  2. Ale200

Ale200 Forum Resident

The Wikipedia entry of Greateast Hits states that "Tom Scholz, the band's leader, felt that the album's sound quality was not up to his standards, so a remastered version of the album was released in 2009 with a slightly different track listing".
    I don't know why he thinks that the original edition is bad, that comp sounds just fine to me, it's a little bit on the loud side but it's definitely their best sounding compilation, it's better than the 2008 version done by Toby Mountain.

3. I’m aware of the fire. There’s no reason they would have the master for the first two albums though. It was a Columbia release owned by Sony now. Now they would for the Universal titles.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.