Black Crowes Reunite, Plot 2020 ‘Shake Your Money Maker’ Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Christian Hill, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Sully79

Sully79 Forum Resident

Supply & demand basics! Those ticket prices were stupid to begin with, but when you can see how long they've been on sale, & how many seats are still available, they're in a spot of bother.

I've just paid £50 for Faith No More in a tight, 3k capacity venue & both price & venue hit the spot, & it will end up brilliant. Empty seats often mean empty evening

Bryan Harris, TaumpyTears and walrus like this.
  2. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I really wish Live Nation hadn't come to them with this stupid deal.

I could've enjoyed a Magpie Salute concert, playing their great new album by now.
    Heck, even a Green Leaf Rustlers show would be far preferable to this zombie tour.

3. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Manchester?

FNM shows depend on which Mike Patton turns up...

4. rolnstn2

rolnstn2 Active Member

They haven’t even announced the supporting acts, which will obviously add to the sales. Right now, the floor seats have sold pretty well and no doubt the ridiculous meet and greets are moving at some level.

Sometime in March certain markets will start to see support acts maybe earlier, of course support will vary by how low the sales are, lower sales = better support…

By June this will be rolling along fine.

5. Sully79

Sully79 Forum Resident

B'ham....gotta love Patton, sure he'll be fine!

brownsound2112 likes this.
  6. TheOx

TheOx Forum Resident

Obviously, you haven't read Steve Gorman's book. :)

Erik B. and Detroit Music Fan like this.
  7. Tom B

Tom B Forum Resident

I've just got to the part where he* pulled the plug on the summer tour, and the cause is not made clear beyond Steve G suggesting it was the fault of one (or both) of the brothers. Do we know more?

*he being Jimmy Page.

8. Sully79

Sully79 Forum Resident

I'm sure he's played an encore with the Crowes since then

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Graham

Graham Forum Resident

He has - in July 2011 at Shepherds Bush Empire in London he joined for a romp through Shake Your Moneymaker. I was there.

10. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Forum Resident

Are the sales worse than the Pumpkins 2018 reunion tour?

They might cut bait and try again in 5-10 years. Kelly Clarkson bailed on a tanked arena tour before changing management to Reba's team.

ELO/Jeff Lynne had a US tour stiff before trying again successfully 12 years later, while still missing notable past members.

Then there's the 2000 Supremes/Diana Ross US arena Tour without Mary Wilson. But that actually played dates before folding.

TaumpyTears and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. Detroit Music Fan

Detroit Music Fan Forum Resident

Well, this time it wouldn’t be themselves shooting themselves in the foot, but rather Live Nation’s overpriced expectations and their manager shooting his mouth off, maybe upsetting some people with the Crüe and Live Nation. Or maybe not. Maybe the Crowes are fine.

TaumpyTears and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. walrus

walrus Forum Resident

Man, I'd pay Crowes prices to see FNM. No way they're ever playing anywhere near me. :(

Sully79 likes this.
  13. walrus

walrus Forum Resident

If the Crowes wanted to, they could've set a limit on ticket prices, but someone convinced them they could sell $150 tickets in this market, so they signed on. I don't buy for a second that artists can't control, in a general sense, their ticket prices.

14. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Keep reading!

Desolation Row and Tom B like this.
  15. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Hmm, what are the stats on supporting acts boosting sales measurably?

walrus and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Motley Crowes or Black Crue? That's the only tour that makes sense right now.

Detroit Music Fan likes this.
  17. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Forum Resident

I am glad I saw Magpie earlier this year when I had the chance. Rich and Marc Ford's guitar duo chemistry is still on point

18. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

Spot on. This sums up the current pricing policy and why we all pay so much.

Promoters offer manager X amount. The manager gets band on board.

Band can then distance themselves and claim they didn't realise fans have to pay £100/$100 plus so that the promoters can get enough money in to be able to pay X.

Nearly all artists are guilty of this. Even Tom Petty who used to rally against it. The Who did a summer date at Wembley stadium this year that gouged the fans for every penny they could. Even Pete acknowledge the high prices being charged affected the attendance but obviously preferred the huge cash advance.

There was an article from Ed Sheeran's manager this week saying on his last tour they made an effort to keep prices to affordable levels (£50/70) and how Ed would rather play 5 nights and play to more people than 1 night and charge sky high prices. (Was relating to some charity concert were 3rd party resellers were marking up tickets).

19. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Detroit Music Fan likes this.
  20. TaumpyTears

TaumpyTears Forum Resident

21. Erik B.

Erik B. Tighter than Mike Gordon’s jeans

22. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

As far as I can tell you can still buy tickets on Ticketmaster.com...

23. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  24. bRETT

bRETT Forum Resident

Or call Jackie Greene back in and continue with the jam-heavy, small-theater shows they were doing before the breakup. Those could be great.

25. dewiecox

dewiecox Forum Resident

I’d take the new guy over Jackie.